𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝟏 𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐑𝐬. 𝟔 𝐥𝐚𝐤𝐡𝐬 ($𝟕.𝟓𝐤) 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐮𝐞 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝟒+ 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐒
What worked for us:
Read till the end to get the exact formula things to take care of!
Once we had identified the winning product, we knew we had to test out a bunch of video ads for the client. And we asked them to send the product over to us.
We initially planned 3 videos –
Guess which one worked the best??
Product Showcase? Nah
UGC? Well thats the only option right? But sadly nope.
It was actually the 4th ad which worked best for us and got this results.
Previous creaives for comparison were bringing in 2-2.5 ROAS.
The ad which worked well for us was actually a combination of all the 3 mentioned above.
All 3? How?
So our team analysed the performance of all the 3 creatives and got some really good insights based on which we shot & repurposed some old footage for 4th video.
The overarching theme was UGC, but shot in a product showcase perspective of an eveyday user.
What We Did
Let Me Explain
- The script was the one we outlined for UGC.
- Started off with unboxing, showing the whole product experience.
- Then we showed product being used with multiple outfits, and multiple occasions, and how its a multi use product.
- Ended with “happy with my purchase” & cta.
Some elements of the ad to keep a key note on:
- It was a reel ad, less than 20 seconds long.
- There were change of scene or jump cuts every 2-3 seconds.
- Product being centre of attention in all frames, with good astheic backdrops along with elements that grab attention, but not so much that it overpowers the product itself.
- Using trendy audio + robo text to speech for UGC texts.
- Showing how happy the customer is with product and how it will look while being used in real life.
Typical life cycle of most ads now-a-days on insta is a few weeks, maybe 1-1 & half month max if its a really good creative.
Guess how long this creative worked for us?
More than 4 months straight!
Take this formula and apply it to your creatives today and let me know how the ad works for you!
Founder & CEO - Expanse Digital
Having worked in Digital Industry for over 5 years and Ecom for 4 years, Dhairya brings in a vast experience of paid & organic marketing and how to combine both to spur growth into D2C brands we work with!