Last Month's Revenue In 12 Days
How we generated last month’s revenue ($8.7k) in 12 days with improved ROAS by 76%
Niche – Customised Gifting
The last 2 months before we achieved a 4X ROAS and 2X Daily revenue overnight were filled with a lot of testing and experiments both on Ads and website front.
What We Learned
- Test test test – Test on all level. We tested, placements, gender, age group, creatives, creative styles (video, photo, carousel, etc) landing page, product page, description, pretty much all aspects of the entire customer journey to crack the code.
- Look at what data says – Pretty much everything we did and finalised upon was backed by data. From video recordings to ad creatives to placements to creatives.
- Understand your customer – The major learning was to understand what the customer wants and not what you want to show. One major Website level change was derived from this and changed from what the client had initially thought.
- Being receptive to ideas – Pretty much all our ideas were appreciated and freedom given as well to test things out!
Hope you find this case study useful and implement the learnings from the same!
What we did
Tests and improvements on website –
- Reviewing Customer Journey – We added heat maps and viewed customer journey recordings and came up with action points to implement based on user backed data.(over 5 major changes and numerous small changes implemented)
- Changing the consumer journey flow – The client knew there were improvements needed on their website and were actively working towards changing things up before. The heat maps and recordings helped to get some much needed perspective on the same to speed things up.
- Introducing new products for Valentinues – they added 19 new products to cater specially for Valentines ensuring having products in all price ranges.
- Separate flow for Valentines – Separate landing pages catering Valentines special products were created keeping new customer journey in mind.
Tests & improvements on ads –
- Narrowing down the Target audience – Earlier the ads were being run on all placements, all gender and all age groups. Digging into analytics we identified the age group with most purchases and gender and co related with FB data to identify that one gender & age group were bringing a much better ROAS compared to the rest, and hence all new test campaigns were run on the same, ignoring the rest.
- With age and gender defined, we also looked in to product data, instead of advertising all products, we focused on one product (highest ticket size) which was getting equal attention on ads, but more orders. We developed an entire funnel for this one single product.
- Testing placements – Instead of having one creative shown to everyone in everyone step of the customer journey, we asked the client to provide us with separate creatives for separate placements and separate creatives for different funnel steps (TOF, MOF, BOF)
Once the website was updated (all major changes) & ads were set for each funnel, and each placement, all we had to do was to replicate the same learnings for new Valentines products and pump in the money to scale things up.
After stopping all the experiments on ads, we immediately jumped to 3.5 ROAS up ftom 2.25 during the peak of the experimental phase.
And once the ads for Valentines were set, we hit,
- Highest grossing day ($1k) Sales since the start of the brand.
- Best ROAS in last 3 months (5.25) on the same day as highest grossing day.
- New winners for Valentines (huge learning for future seasons)
- And also identified 2 new winning products during the same time to reduce drop in revenue post valentines season and discontinuation of Valentines products!
All credit goes to the client and their team as well to be supportive of our efforts even with barely breaking even last month with all the experiments we went through but the results were definitely visible this month!
We now plan to scale them up to $1.5k/day (Rs.1 Lakh) by mid march and test and replicate the winning funnel to more product sets which we are yet to test!
Founder & CEO - Expanse Digital
Having worked in Digital Industry for over 5 years and Ecom for 4 years, Dhairya brings in a vast experience of paid & organic marketing and how to combine both to spur growth into D2C brands we work with!